Sony Official Ice Cream Sandwich Beta Rom for Unlocked Xperia Play (GSM only)
Download and install official rom
Follow the instructions below to download and install the beta ROM. Please note that it only works with Xperia™ PLAY.
- Make sure your phone is running the latest software release, which is build number 4.0.2.A.0.42. If you can’t upgrade to this build number, it is not possible to try the Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM for Xperia™ phones.
- Go to unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com or our simple instructions and unlock the boot loader of your phone if need too to do this. You must read through and agree to all the legal and warranty conditions that apply.
- Download the Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM for Xperia™ PLAY.
- Extract the downloaded zip file to your Android Fastboot directory. For example: ..\android-sdk\fastboot\Xperia_PLAY_ICS_beta.
- Open a command prompt and go to your Fastboot directory: ..\android-sdk\fastboot\
- Flash the three beta ROM files one at a time using Fastboot. Use these three commands:
fastboot flash boot ..\Fastboot\Xperia_PLAY_ICS_beta\boot.img
fastboot flash userdata ..\Fastboot\Xperia_PLAY_ICS_beta\userdata.img
fastboot flash system ..\Fastboot\Xperia_PLAY_ICS_beta\system.img
Once done, please reboot your phone.
Add-on fixes unofficial
- Download This package containing update Zip fixes (WIFI,ROOT,GOOGLE APPS, ETC)
- Unzip and place ICS fixes SD folder on your SD card ready for install
- place Boot.img file in your fastboot folder but not in any sub folder
- Flash the advanced stock kernal (boot.img) with fastboot. Note: you can flash this instead of Sonys boot image just replace (fastboot flash boot ..\Fastboot\Xperia_PLAY_ICS_beta\boot.img) with
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After that has completed. Turn your phone on and tap the back button to get in to recovery
- Install all the Zip file fixes contained in the ICS fixes SD folder
- Reboot device and you should have most things that was not working fixed.
Any problems or issues please see the original XDA developer forum thread here. Read through it to find answers to fixes. = forum.xda-developers.com
or see the Official Sony blog here = blogs.sonymobile.com